Monday 5 April 2010

First signs of trouble

Men are often reluctant to admit to a medical problem and will often make any excuse to avoid a doctor - I am in that category. However a couple of months of at first barely noticed problems with weeing led me to look up the symptoms on the internet.

Prostate trouble seemed to be a possibility. I certainly had some of the problems. Weeing had become a prolonged process and I was dribbling at the end. It wasn't painful and I wasn't having to get up in the night but I gradually realised something was "not quite right".

My thoughts went back to my early schooldays and peeing competitions in the boys toilets - who could get get their stream the highest up the wall. I realised that I had no control of the flow - it just came out at the one rate. Having discussed this with my wife a visit to the dreaded doctor was next.

No comments:

Post a Comment